Best served with friends.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1 small onion, sliced long
- 1 package tortillas – we love Tortilla Land’s Uncooked that you heat up yourself!
- 1/2 box cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cabbage, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 big squirts Sriracha
- 4 big cloves of garlic, diced small
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 limes, quartered
- cilantro, chopped
- avocado, sliced
- avocado oil or other high heat oil
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place shrimp and onion in a bowl
- Mix coconut aminos, garlic, honey, sriracha, and juice of half a lime. Pour onto shrimp and onions and stir to combine well. Set aside for 15-30 mins.
- Massage cabbage and a handful of cilantro with the juice of half a lime. Set aside for at least 10 mins.
- Prep roasting tray with wax paper and spread out tomatoes, drizzled with oil.
- Roast tomatoes at 400 for 20-25 mins
- Heat cast iron (or regular skillet) on high with oil
- Pour shrimp and onion mixture onto pan. Watch that sizzle!
- Using tongs, flip shrimp until cooked through and no longer clear. You can leave the onions in a little longer to get a nice caramelized char.
- Use another flat skillet to heat up tortillas.
- Place two tortillas on the plate, then layer cabbage, tomatoes, onions, and shrimp.
- Top with avocado and extra cilantro, with a lime wedge on the side.
- Put that Sriracha on the table in case you like it hot!