Don’t knock it till you try it!
The first time I had one of these, it was 1AM at a music festival, and I was sitting in a treehouse filled with lit-up jellyfish. When I tried to recreate it from memory, it was just. as. magical.
The sour, pickle-y flavor mixes so well with cheesy goodness. You’ll find yourself craving this for lunches!
This unexpected flavor pairing is so delicious you'll be hooked.
- 2 tortillas, medium sized
- avocado oil spray
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese - I love So Delicious for a great dairy free option!
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut - I love Farmhouse Organic's Garlic Dill Pickle Kraut!
- handful of spinach
- Step 1 Heat up your skillet to medium high. I love using my cast iron grill for those sexy grillmarks.
- Step 2 Spray grill and tortillas with avocado oil spray. This stuff is a lifesaver for recipes like this.
- Step 3 Roughly chop spinach.
- Step 4 Place one tortilla on grill, then sprinkle with shredded cheese, kraut, spinach, and then a little more cheese.
- Step 5 Top with second tortilla, and spray outside of tortilla with avocado oil.
- Step 6 Let grill for 4-5 minutes, or until bottom of quesadilla is crisp and has those lovely grill marks.
- Step 7 Flip quesadilla CAREFULLY – it’s hard to get it without spilling cheese everywhere. I like to use a plate and a spatula – place the plate upside down over the quesadilla, and use a spatula under the dilla to sandwich it. Then you can easily flip over everything and then place the quesadilla back on the grill.
- Step 8 Grill on the other side for another 4-5 minutes until crispy and melty and oh so perfect. Mmmmm.
- Step 9 Remove from heat and slice into 6 wedges. Wait until it’s cooled a bit to eat, you savage! Hot cheese can hurt.
- Step 10 Cheers!