You need to try out this to-die-for new take on the traditional meatball.
This super easy dish is a favorite in my family. I like it a lot because I only need to chop an onion, and that’s it. The rest is just mixing ingredients together and cooking.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 lbs pasta
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp rosemary
- 2-3 tsp. oregano
- 2 cubes beef bullion
- 5 drops tabasco sauce
- 1 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Chop the onion small
- Mix the onion, ground beef, rosemary, honey, egg, garlic, and a little of Tabasco sauce together in a bowl
- Add the bread crumbs to the mix – this will hold the meatballs together and make it easy to cook
- Fill a pot with water for pasta
- From the meat mix make balls, about the size of the palm of your hand. I get about 13 meatballs from this recipe.
- Put oil in a pan and heat on high
- Put the meatballs in the pan and fry them until they are crunchy, turning them to cook each side – you will finish them in the oven
- When the meatballs are brown and cooked from the outside, put them in a heat resistant container (glass or metal is great) and top with parmesan cheese
- Cook in the oven for about 10 minutes at 400, or until the cheese starts to melt
- Boil the pasta, it should be ready around the same time as the meatballs
- While everything is cooking, we make a quick tomato sauce in the pan you crisped the meatballs in. Do not rinse the pan, because we need to use the flavor from the meatballs. Put two cans of diced tomatoes into the pan, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape up the meaty bits. Add 2 cubes of beef bullion, 1 cup cream and 2 tsp oregano. The sauce is ready when it starts to thicken.
Place the pasta on a plate, spreading the sauce over to cover. Place a few meatballs on top. It is great to add grated parmesan cheese and voila, your family will love this. Enjoy!