Short on time? We’ve got a shortcut. Got all day? We’ve got you too.
- 3-5 large sweet potato / yams – the ones with the orange flesh inside
- an ungodly amount of ghee or butter
- salt – bonus if it’s truffle salt, or garlic salt. Or both, you do you.
- Stab potatoes about 5 times all over with a fork or a knife. Fun!
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a sheet with parchment paper. Potatoes tend to leak juice that will ruin your sheet or the bottom of the oven – protect them!
- Roast potatoes for 1-2 hours until nice and mushy.
- Microwave potatoes for 5 minutes on a plate.
- Turn potatoes over and microwave another 5 minutes until mushy. So easy!
- Cut open potatoes carefully. They’ll be hot!
- Scoop out those innards into a bowl.
- Mash potato with a fork until there’s no lumps. Give them some extra whip love for a fluffy texture.
- Mix in butter/ghee to taste.
- Mix in salt to taste. Careful if your butter is already salted, you won’t need a ton!
- Serve on a plate and come back for seconds. YUM!
- Paring recommendations: anything bbq, with a fried egg on top and greens, with roasted veggies, or with herby garlic fish.