A fresh new salad for your summer repertoire.
This salad is great as a meal. This recipe is enough for about 4 people.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken fillets
- 1 jar satay sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag of baby spinach or leafy greens
- 1 box cherry tomatoes
- 3 avocados
- ½ cucumber
- 1 mango
- ½ cup couscous
- 1 tsp curry powder
- optional: ¾ cups feta cheese in oil
- ¼ cup dry roasted nuts (like cashews, pine nuts etc.)
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut all the vegetables and fruit into small pieces and mix together in a bowl.
- Cook the couscous according to the directions on the package and add the curry powder.
- Heat the oil on the pan, medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook on both sides.
- Pour the satay sauce over the chicken and let it cook for a few minutes, until the sauce sticks to the chicken and is not very runny anymore.
- Roast the nuts on a pan – be careful not to leave them unattended because they can easily burn!
- Place spinach or leafy greens of choice onto a plate.
- Add the couscous.
- Add fruit and veggie mixture.
- Add chicken.
- Top with feta cheese and roasted nuts.
This is great with some white wine and good company!