Master homemade pesto today, conquer the world tomorrow.
- 3 zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup olive oil, to desired consistency
- 1/2 cup nuts of choice – I like walnuts, or pine nuts
- 2 handfuls herbs of choice – I like basil, kale, and/or parsley
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (vegan!) or parmesean cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- handful sundried tomatoes
- 1lb boneless chicken thighs (vegans, go for roasted chickpeas instead!)
- avocado oil or other high heat oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spiralize zucchini into zoodles. Fun! You may want to cut the longer pieces so you don’t have eternal zoodles.
- Rub chicken thighs with avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop sundried tomatoes.
- Peel garlic.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or oven safe pan) screaming hot with some avocado oil.
- Using tongs, quickly sear chicken on both sides to get a nice brown char.
- Once seared, carefully move chicken skillet to the oven and roast for 12 mins organic chicken, 14 mins conventional chicken.
- In a blender / food processor, mix avocado, nuts, herbs, yeast/cheese, and garlic. Slowly pour in oil to desired consistency.
- Use your hands to massage the pesto and sundried tomato into the zoodles. So satisfying.
- Remove chicken from oven and let it rest 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- OPTIONAL: the zoodles are great cold, but if you prefer them hot, you can heat them up in a pan with the pesto.
- Place zoodle mixture on plate.
- Top with chicken pieces.
- Crack some more salt and pepper on top.
- Hot tip: you may have some leftover pesto. Darn! Put that stuff on top of eggs, shrimp, your next sandwich, etc. Enjoy!